GAREZERS TRAILER SITE POLICIES & GUIDELINES
[Last update: September 2012]
Background: The purpose of this document is to summarize the policies and guidelines under which Garezers grants users the privilege of leasing a trailer site. It may be revised at any time, as deemed appropriate by Garezers. This document is general in nature at this time, and Garezers may adopt and implement additional formal or informal policies and guidelines, as appropriate.
Function of Trailer Site Use: Garezers trailer sites are a resource to be administered and used in furthering the overall mission and goals of Garezers and the policies adopted by its organizational governance, in line with requirements set by the State of Michigan. Trailer site use serves an important function in supporting the various youth, cultural, religious, recreational and other programs and events occurring at Garezers by providing convenient accommodations for participants, family members, volunteers and program or event supporters. Trailer site use also serves an important social function for the broader Latvian community by providing individuals and families a setting and opportunity to meet, socialize, and establish or foster connections and friendships with others who value their Latvian identity and heritage. Trailer site leasing privileges are granted with the expectation and understanding that use of the site will be consistent with these purposes.
Ownership & Use of Trailer Site: Trailer sites are owned by Garezers, and the privilege of occupying a site is subject to such the terms, conditions and fees established by Garezers. Site occupants have no ownership in the site, and no right to assign, sublease, transfer or otherwise convey occupancy rights to others. Trailer owner names and contact information need to be provided to Garezers, in writing and need to be updated, verified and acknowledged annually at time of site renewal.
Terms and conditions:
- Renewal Term: Annual for one (1) calendar year.
- Fee: Based upon the size of current trailer and septic requirements. The total fee amount is based on trailer size and is due in full prior to the season before April. There will be an additional annual fee for all trailers who have external septic systems. If you do not wish to use this site, we ask that you inform Garezers and vacate your trailer space prior to the season before May. This will allow Garezers to offer the trailer site to others.
- Notes: a) In upcoming years Garezers may incorporate additional factors in determining the fee and/or require special assessments, b) Auto vehicle stickers for trailer site owner are included in the annual fee, on the basis of one family per site. Please obtain your vehicle sticker from the Main Office, at the beginning of the season.
- Services: Includes use of Garezers grounds, electricity, water, waste disposal, and other amenities. There is no individual trailer insurance through Garezers, and this should be obtained by the trailer owner, as necessary.
- Eligibility: The primary trailer owner needs to be at least 21 years of age and a program participant. In addition, the trailer owner needs to sign and return acknowledgement of the Garezers Trailer Site Policies and Guidelines along with associated fees.
- Occupancy: The primary tenant must be the trailer owner and/or direct family only. The trailer can not be sub-leased or rented.
- Maintenance/Storage: Trailer owners are expected to keep good care of the interiors and exteriors of trailers and the surrounding areas. There should be very limited personal items storage outside of the trailer. Examples of what should not be stored include: boat and other trailers, golf carts, power tools, construction equipment, etc. There are no guaranteed or assigned parking areas for autos. Signs restricting and designating parking will be posted in certain areas.
- New trailers, structures and additions: Are not allowed without written permission and approval from Garezers.
- Consideration of fellow residents: Trailer owners are expected to abide by standard curfew times and rules of Garezers, and to respect the considerations of fellow residents and campers regarding any social activities, including late night music, etc.
- Participation: All trailer owners are required to directly assist and support Garezers’ program activities. This support from each trailer owner can be fulfilled in a wide variety of ways. For more information, please contact our Main Office.
- Transferability of rental/lease: None. The trailer location is owned by Garezers and the rental/lease is only being offered to the current trailer owner and direct family.
- Moving Out: Is entirely at the expense of the trailer owner, who is also responsible for the removal of any/all structures, additions, septic systems and other items related to the trailer, in line with requirements set by the State of Michigan and Garezers.
- Eviction: Garezers has the right to evict any trailer, for not abiding by these policies and guidelines. Expenses related to the eviction will be charged to the trailer owner.
- Questions & Comments: Please contact our Main Office.
Garezers – Trailer Site “Wait List” Overview
As of January 2010
Background: The purpose of this document is to summarize the overall guidelines and process under which Garezers administers the waiting list (“Wait List”) of trailers prior to and during granting users the privilege of leasing a trailer site. It may be revised at any time, as deemed appropriate by Garezers. This document is general in nature, and Garezers may adopt and implement additional formal or informal policies, as appropriate.
Garezers has been granted a certain limited number of trailer sites, which it has the right to lease. As the total number of sites are limited, and since there is a demand for trailer sites, we have established a formal Wait List. This list is comprised of individuals and families who, wish to lease a trailer site, in a setting with the opportunity to meet, socialize, and establish or foster connections and friendships with others who value their Latvian identity and heritage.
Question 1: How can someone get on the Wait List?
Answer 1: Eligibility is open to all individuals who are at least 21 years of age and are current members of a Garezers shareholder organization. To be on the wait list, Garezers must receive a written request, along with a non-refundable check deposit to Garezers for $200. Those currently on the Wait List will need to meet eligibility requirements. In addition, we ask that an initial $100 payment is made on the deposit by February, 2010, with the balance to be paid by end of 2010. If these requirements are not met, individuals will be taken of the Wait List. This deposit will be used as part of the trailer site lease when you have been granted a trailer site. Garezers administration maintains the official Wait List.
Question 2: What does being on the Wait List provide?
Answer 2: A place holder on the list, by chronological date order of the request and associated deposit. This place holder provides the individual the right to potentially obtain a trailer site for lease, based upon the process further described below.
Question 3: What is the process to obtain a trailer site?
Answer 3: Garezers annually offers renewals of trailer sites to the individuals who had leased the previous year. If those individuals choose not to renew, they are to inform Garezers, and make arrangements to remove their trailer from the lease site in a timely manner. This is described by the Garezers Trailer Site Policies and Guidelines (see attached). Upon notice of an open trailer site, by way of non-renewal, eviction or otherwise, the next individual on the Wait List is offered this trailer site. If this individual on the Wait List does not wish to lease this trailer site, they can pass, at which time the site will be offered to the next individual on the Wait List, and so on until the trailer site is accepted. Garezers has no obligation to assist or otherwise intervene with individuals vacating or obtaining trailer sites.